MicroTech is proud to support the Jacksonville Blood Alliance.
Please join us for the Blood Alliance Bus Blood Drive on November 25!
What: Blood Alliance Bus Blood Drive
When: Monday Nov 25th 11am-3pm
Where: ShayCore Enterprises Office Parking Lot: 4230 Pablo Professional Ct, 32224 (big Blood Alliance bus in the parking lot)
Why: So other people can live longer AND so you feel better about yourself for helping other people
Some Blood Alliance Facts
- The Blood Alliance struggles during holiday season to meet their quota. During these times when school is out of session they rely heavily on local businesses to help meet their quota.
- The whole process takes about 45 min, but they only draw blood for a few minutes.
- You have to register to set an exact appointment time, but they take walk ons too. Registering is quick and easy. I did it in less than 3 min. Scheduling an appointment really helps them maximize their day. https://www.thebloodalliancedonor.org/donor/schedules/drive_schedule/62271
- Get rewards points by giving blood – who doesn’t like rewards points???!?!! See below…
- Please bring a government ID
- There are certain ways you may become disqualified from giving blood, please see the attachment
- Drink lots of water, eat before you donate and skip your morning coffee if you can!
A message from the Blood Alliance: “As we head towards the holidays, The Blood Alliance needs you now more than ever. As
the only local, non-profit blood bank in Northeast Florida, we have made a commitment to the community to collect at least 360 units each day, 365 days a year. The blood that we collect stays in Jacksonville. The active nature of the holidays often leads to more accidents and injuries. These are conditions which can require multiple transfusions, sometimes in significant numbers. With people traveling and schools being out, your donation is the lifeline to the patients in our community. Can we count on you to help us this Thanksgiving?
About 2-3 days after your donation, you can go online (www.igiveblood.com) and enter your Donor Identification Number (you will receive one when you donate) and set up a password. When you login as a donor, you can track your donations and your results from your mini-physical. Also, every time you donate you receive points – points that you can redeem through our Rewards Store. You can access the Rewards Store through your donor login.”
Thank you for your support. We’ll see you there!