[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Stachybotrys is a fungus that is better known as Black Mold and can be very dangerous in your home or office.
Exposure to the toxins present in black mold removal jax including stachybotrys chartarum or stachybotrys atra can have a wide range of negative health effects.
Depending on the length of exposure and volume of spores inhaled or ingested, symptoms can manifest as
- Chronic fatigue
- Irritation to the eyes
- Mucous membranes of the mouth
- Nose and throat
- Chronic coughing
In severe cases symptoms can include:
- Bleeding in the lungs and nose.
To Identify Black Mold Try These Techniques:
- Search water-damaged areas for signs of black mold.
Basements, crawl spaces, laundry rooms and other areas of the home that have either had a water leak or maintain a high amount of moisture are prime sites for black mold growth.
- Look for dark black patches of mold on walls and molding.
Areas that harbor damp flooring may contain mold on moldings where the floor meets the walls.
- Examine the black mold to see if it is growing in a circular pattern.
Black mold grows in a definitive circular pattern and does not deviate unless it spreads to an area that lacks moisture. The black mold may appear slimy on wet wall surfaces & dry and sooty on areas that may have dried.
- Check members of your family for skin irritations, sinus problems, congestion & fatigue.
These can all be signs that a black mold problem is festering in your home. Some effected by mold may have a cold or allergy symptoms that will not cease.
- Contact a mold professional who can determine whether or not you have a black mold issue in your home.
A trained professional can definitively diagnose a black mold problem by doing a complete examination of the home. The inspector will also search inner walls, floorboards, carpeting and ceiling tiles.
DO NOT TRY REMOVING BLACK MOLD IT CAN BE VERY DANGEROUS.
MicroTech offers professional Mold Remediation services and can help identify the cause of the mold. IF you even suspect you have a mold issue, call us at 904-448-1030 and we’ll be happy to assess your situation.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]