Jacksonville, Florida is the home of Flood Damage Cleanup Service professionals MicroTech.
We offer our Flood and Water Damage Cleanup services to Jacksonville, Florida and surrounding Northeast Florida locations. Water can be very damaging to property and items if there is a flood, these damaging effects can be minimized if quick action is taken. The following tips can help save your valuable items in the event that you’ve had a flood or water incident.
Below are some Tips for Flood and Water Damage Cleanup:
If you’ve experienced a water or flood incident, there are some steps you may be able to take in efforts to minimize damage while awaiting professional services.
- If it is an emergency and you are located in the Jacksonville, Florida area, call MicroTech’s 24/7 Emergency Damage Service at 800-716-4276.
- Remove as much standing water as possible by mopping or blotting.
- Remove any items from wood furniture and wipe excess water off with a dry towel.
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions in efforts to dry out.
- Place aluminum foil, china saucers, or wooden blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- If possible open drawers and cabinet doors for complete drying.
- Remove valuable paintings and art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Open suitcases and luggage containers to allow to dry.
- Punch small holes in sagging ceilings to relieve trapped water.
- Avoid turning on any electric items that are wet or submerged in water.
If you have additional questions or need further assistance, don’t hesitate to contact us. In the case of flood or water damage occurrences it is crucial to act quickly to minimize damage.